10.06.2011

Eco Friendly Food Storage - lunchbots and lunchskins

This semester I have to be in class at MSU at different times during the week, many of which overlap with a usual meal. But, I don't have a fridge accessible to me and finding a microwave can also be a pain sometimes (especially when I need to eat during class). I wanted to find a way to transport room temperature food that didn't use plastic or paper disposable bags. I had seen quite a few different options on the internet like this and these. But none of them were feeling like just what I needed. Then, I came across LunchBots. They are great! They are made entirely of stainless steel and come in a variety of sizes. And I was able to find them at a local retailer which was also a plus.
While I was there picking one up, I came across this gem of a creation by lunchskins. It is the perfect size to hold a peanut butter sandwich. It closes securely with velcro. And the absolute best thing of all is that it's dishwasher safe so it's super easy to clean!! (which is great since I use natural peanut butter that tends to be a bit drippy.)
With these two storage containers and my stainless steel water bottle, I've now got a 100% waste free lunch or dinner I can take with me anywhere! yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment