8.04.2011

Art Fair Necklace - courtney fischer jewelry

One of the things I love most about the Ann Arbor Art Fair is the smaller jewelry vendors that set up in the back alleys and sidewalks. They are the best way to bring home something one-of-a-kind without paying an arm and a leg. Last time I went I bought a huge ring carved out of real wood that still had moss on the side of it. This year, I got this cool sculptural necklace from Courtney Fischer Jewelry.
I had never seen anything like it before. She cuts all the metal herself and does her own patinas. This one looks like aged copper and somehow manages to be both a neutral (ie. goes with everything) and colorful piece at the same time. Courtney also offered to re-cut the chain so it would be the perfect length for me. Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment