7.23.2011

Organic Alternatives - tom's toothpaste and preserve toothbrush

The other day I was browsing online news and saw this article. I get so annoyed by the lack of consumer protections in this country. It already takes work to find organic brands that are accessible and reasonably priced and then when you do, you can't even trust that they really are what they say they are! Ugh, so steamed. The reality is that the labels on most mass-consumer products like 'organic,' 'natural,' 'free range' don't even mean that much because the standards are so low and the oversight so minimal. I've known all this for awhile, but this particular article made me especially annoyed because I had just recently begun to use one of the brands indicted in it, Kiss My Face. I was using their toothpaste.

Well, to be honest, I didn't really like it anyway. It was aloe based and tasted funny. So my husband and I just decided to switch to the standby in natural toothpaste, Tom's of Maine. I remember hearing about Tom's when it first came on the market and being told that it was gross and chalky. But we haven't had that experience at all. In fact, I think it tastes great.
But, what I really want to talk about is this toothbrush! Not only is it made from recycled yogurt containers, but it also comes in a package that is postage paid so you can mail it back to them after you've used it and they'll recycle it again! What? Rad.

No comments:

Post a Comment