7.29.2011

DIY - Chalkboard Tile Art With Vintage Flash Cards - rebel reclaimed

I have these chalkboard tiles in my kitchen that I have been trying to figure out how to decorate for a year. I have put various food-related quotes on them and my husband likes to draw holiday-related pictures from time to time. But I wanted something new and unique. So, there is a really great store in Grand Rapids called Rebel Reclaimed that sells antique furniture and accessories that owner, Dann, re-purposes and dresses up with modern style. The other day I was browsing and found these old flash cards and a chalkboard idea was born! I picked out a bunch of food and nature related cards and decided to make a sort of farm-to-table flowchart! All I needed were some sticky magnets, green yarn (courtesy of my mom's leftover yarn basket) and scissors! Here is the finished product. I think it turned out pretty good!

No comments:

Post a Comment